[lbo-talk] San Jose Cop Kills Vietnamese Woman and Found Not Guilty

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Nov 2 08:59:46 PST 2003

On Sunday, November 2, 2003, at 01:08 AM, Thomas Seay wrote:

> I am wondering how much national attention this case
> has been getting. I find it even more horrible and
> outrageous than the Rodney King beating and verdict
> (at least he didn't die)...A 98 pound Vietnamese woman
> with a vegetable peeler gets blown away by a cop
> within 7 seconds of entering the former's apartment.

I've seen or heard several reports about it here on the Right Coast -- can't remember exactly where, but probably on NPR or in the NY Times, since they are where I get most of my Daily Recommended Consumption of Establishment-generated journalism.

A very disturbing event, I agree. Naturally, the fires in California have been getting much more attention nationally.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile