[lbo-talk] HOW THE ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT IS BLOWING IT: REVISITED

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sun Nov 2 14:18:35 PST 2003

On Sunday, November 2, 2003, at 03:34 PM, BrownBingb at aol.com wrote:

> But wait, there is a new God . It is capitalism. It is not dead or
> dying, and is a candidate for immortality, millenia at least. All bow
> down to the new God ! Or make your peace with it, as Jon is so happy
> to do. Unfortunately , capitalism isn't capable of making peace with
> most of the people on earth. It's sort of like making peace with HIV.

I'd be extremely happy to see capitalism vanish from the earth tomorrow. But what will replace it? And what can we do today to advance the cause of replacing capitalism with something better?

Those are the questions I and a lot of other people would like answers to. Do you have any?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile