[lbo-talk] RE HOW THE ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT IS BLOWING IT:

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sun Nov 2 15:23:14 PST 2003

Michael Dawson wrote:

>>3. Rich capitalist countries are not dependent on super-exploiting the poor
>>ones.

They do to some degree, but how much? I just don't know the answer to that, and would love to hear what other people think.

This is beyond debate. Just off the top of my head: African slave labor in the U.S.; Coolie labor in the U.S.; the Duth and English colonial empire; current Chinese coolie labor; the unending theft of natural resources (gold/diamonds/oil/hardwoods/rare minerals); the current economic (IMF) indentured servitude regime...

What the fuck?

Joanna