[lbo-talk] Chomsky: USA "best country in the world"

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Sun Nov 2 18:03:07 PST 2003

Cf. Chomsky's TV "debate" (actually a brief joint interview) with the obnoxious William Bennett May 30, 2002. Bennett calls Chomsky "a man who has made a career out of hating America" and asks him, "... why do you choose to live in this terrorist nation, Mr. Chomsky?"

"I don't," Chomsky replies. "I choose to live in what I think is the greatest country in the world, which is committing horrendous terrorist acts and should stop." --CGE