[lbo-talk] Superexploitation (Was HOW THE ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT IS BLOWING IT:)

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Mon Nov 3 14:30:07 PST 2003

So: Wojtek thinks U.S. foreign policy is just a big, bureaucratic mistake and is generally independent of the core institutional interests and objectives of our business elite, if not downright contradictory to them.

Meanwhile, what the hell is a "transaction cost," and how does one minimize one when one sees one? Are you saying that our business class permits its political representatives to violate their interests in order to save themselves from having messy relationships with fringe groups? I think that's what you mean, but "transaction costs" and "organizational behavior" (the latter apparently somehow distinct from human behavior) aren't exactly lucid ideas, IMHO.

Remarkable stuff...