[lbo-talk] Marx and Nietzsche

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Tue Nov 4 08:16:22 PST 2003

At 07:19 AM 11/4/03 -0800, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> > It's important to understand that he was the
> > opposite of a systematic
> > philosopher (of the sort Marx tried to be, for
> > instance).
>
>You're kidding about Marx, right? Marx has no
>systematic presentation of hsi total view.

i don't know who wrote the original claim (sorry, just skimming list mail lately)--of marx's attempt at systematicity--but i would assume s/he meant systematic as in "systematic metaphysics."

heh. always reminds me of a course i took, "american systematic metaphysics." john asked us all why were wanted to take the class. one guy's answer: 'cause he was interested in the occult, new age philosophies, etc.

i guess he couldn't deal with _Process and Reality_ or _The Metaphysics of Natural Complexes_.

(read it Ian!!)

there was some good flame wars blazing yesterday! cheer up!

Kelley