[lbo-talk] San Jose Cop Kills Vietnamese Woman and Found Not Guilty

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Tue Nov 4 11:36:58 PST 2003

At 02:13 PM 11/4/03 -0500, DoreneFC at aol.com wrote:
>Frankly in the San Diego case, I am rooting for a lawsuit. But I am
>feeling testy enough to add some comments below.
>
>In a message dated 11/4/2003 10:01:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>the-squeeze at pulpculture.org writes:
>>
>>a colleague--upstanding, professional, tie-wearing white guy--was
>>celebrating the imminent wedding of a friend the other night: it was a
>>nightclub for 40 and 50 and 60 somethings. Things got out of hand, the
>>bouncers mistook my colleague for someone who had been causing problems,
>>they beat him to a pulp. the cops showed up and started kicking him while
>>he lay there bleeding and unconscious.
>>
>>onlookers asked the cop why and he said, "he's just a drunken fool."
>

>So um,I realize this sounds more naive than even I feel: sue the hell out
>of the bar and the bouncer.

duh?

what does that have to do with anything. the point is, when the cops beat up middle class white guys with suits on, ya gotta problem bigger than a couple of bad apples.

>Just speaking for myself, I am generaly reluctant to tell people how to be
>Black.

i wasn't telling him how to be black.

being a woman doesn't preclude me from being sexist. and if somebody points out that i am, i'm surely not feeling as if i'm being told how to be a woman but, rather, how to be anti-sexist.

kelley