[lbo-talk] Chomsky: USA "best country in the world"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 4 13:45:56 PST 2003

boddhisatva wrote:

>Yes, but Doug that 25% probability does not represent laughing chance.
>Certainly we can agree that a great preponderance of the black males who do
>get locked up do the crimes they are accused of.

And many don't, but that's not the question. Unless you believe in some innate predisposition to criminality - a belief that would be grounds for explusion from civilized society - then you have to ask why so many black men turn to crime. I don't think the answer is very complicated - the heritage of slavery and pervasive racism, which most white people won't admit to. And that, as I said earlier, is seriously fucked up.

Doug