[lbo-talk] Chomsky: USA "best country in the world"

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 14:39:29 PST 2003

> >> Yes, but Doug that 25% probability does not
> represent laughing chance.
> >> Certainly we can agree that a great preponderance
> of the black males who do
> >> get locked up do the crimes they are accused of.

Perhaps, but so what?!!!! If I am not incorrect, a large percentage of those crimes are not violent crimes, but drug convictions and, I believe, there is an overwhelming larger percentage of drug arrests per drug user in the black community in correspondence to the number of drug users in the white community.

So, why the disproportinate number of drug arrests in black communities? And, of course, why are drug users (white, black, or otherwise) arrested at all?

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"