[lbo-talk] Commiewatch honors Doug Henwood

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 19:32:31 PST 2003

Go the the bottom of Yardley's post and you'll read, in response to Chomsky's "best country" line from the Times:

"So, there you have it. If Chomsky, after all his repeated hysterics about American atrocities, can still say America's the best country in the world, his criticisms of America can't be worth all that much, can they? Time to add his body of work to the big circular 'ignore' bin. First Michael Moore admits Mumia Abu-Jamal's a murderer, and now this - is someone spiking the left's drinks with truth serum?"

I'm pretty familiar with various forms of sarcasm, but I think the Yard's serious here -- which, if true, would say quite a bit about his conception of democracy & freedom. It's a FrontPage thang.

DP