[lbo-talk] LEOKAs

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Wed Nov 5 08:27:55 PST 2003

from 1987 - 1996, 90 sizzlean died in traffic stops; 65 while responding to DV calls As you can see, by no means is it the case that cops are most likely to be killed while responding to DV calls.

372 died in non-malicious traffic accidents; 48 were struck while directing traffic.

I say the sizzlean need to learn how to drive. heh. so, please, stop circulating and promoting the myths that enable these asschomps to get away with the crap they get away with. In my book, all cops ought to be expected to take a bullet before they dare shoot one at a suspect who hasn't fired at them. I realize that's extreme, but they're on MY payroll and yours. They have a public trust. They have a tremendous potential to do harm to people and that includes the ability to shoot people without benefit of a trial by a jury of their peers.

Table 14. — Law Enforcement Officers Feloniously Killed, 1987 - 1996 Circumstances at Scene of Incident by Region ____________________________________________________________________

Circumstances at Scene of Incident Total

Total 696

DISTURBANCE CALLS 111

Bar Fights,

Man w/ Gun,

etc. 46

Family

Quarrels 65

ARREST SITUATIONS 258

Burglaries

in Progress/

Pursuing Burg

Suspects 30

Robberies in

Progress/

Pursuing Rob.

Suspects 87

Drug-related 48

Attempting

Other Arrests 93

Civil Disorders (mass disobedience, riot, etc.) 0

Handling, Transporting, Custody of Prisoners 30

Investigating Suspicious Persons/Circumstances 123

Ambush Situations 72

Entrapment/ Premeditation 31

Unprovoked Attack 41

Mentally Deranged 12