[lbo-talk] Superprofits

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Wed Nov 5 09:19:42 PST 2003

Can't wait to see Brenner's theory of why colonialism and slavery don't matter...fascinating that he thinks that, but only off-list.

Meanwhile, why can't you guys deal with the complete picture here? From the time of its birth, capitalism has been a globalizing phenomenon. Sure, not every story of development in the G7 areas is directly explained by plunder and booty, but to point that out is not an answer to the question at hand.

Has G7 power always rested on the backwardness of the Third World? Answer: yes. How was Latin America supposed to compete and win, when Europeans were enlsaving its labor force and sucking away every once of its internal capitalizable wealth? Answer: It could not. Same for India under Britain, China and Korea under Japan, etc., etc., etc.

Sheesh. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 7:29 AM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] Superprofits