[lbo-talk] Superprofits

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Wed Nov 5 10:52:58 PST 2003

If the rich can survive without imperialism, why have they chosen it at every available opportunity? Wojtek's bureaucratic mistake argument is the only alternative to the conclusion that the ruling class knows they need to subjugate the poor nations.

If feel like frickin Alice in Wonderland in here! You people are seriously proposing that the end of imperialism -- no more U.S. military aid/sales, closing down our CIA interventions, shutting down the IMF and World Bank, adopting a neutral policy toward other nations' socio-economic choices, and ensuring that other G7 powers would not step in and seize our imperial role -- would not matter to our overclass.

Happy Unbirthday!