[lbo-talk] EU Flexes Trade Muscles

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Nov 5 14:24:08 PST 2003

> The list, which includes Harley Davidson motorcycles, citrus fruit,
and textile
> products, is said to have been calculated so as to hit hardest regions
which
> support President Bush's Republican party."

They want to ban Harleys? What for? Pennsylvania does not strike me as a Republican stronghold - it voted Gore in 2000 and now has a Democratic governor. True, some idiot legislator from Western PA proposed a ban on French wine in PA state owned liquor stores, but this was just hot air. Perhaps the Frogs want to retaliate by targeting Harley.

Wojtek