[lbo-talk] Dean: Yesterday's Real Stinker

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Thu Nov 6 12:21:24 PST 2003

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Michael Dawson -PSU wrote:
>
> >BTW, I'm not necessarily saying all this means I won't vote for Dean. I
> >might. I'm just saying that we leftists shouldn't be fooled by what he
> >probably is.
>
> There are a lot of people who are *working* for Dean who think this
> way. I know a hardass Marxist who's got a Dean sticker on his car,
> fer Chrissake.
>
> Doug

yep. Bushco is so fucking scary he's driving me right into the Demo party (reluctantly). I've always been a Nader-they're-both parties-of-the-ruling-elite kinda guy, but the past few years have been a real wake up call for me. I have to admit, Nathan's right: there's a real ideological difference between the nutso neoconservatives who seem to be running things in the Bush administration and moderates like Dean. Sure, Dean gets elected, he'll jerk us around like Clinton, but he's not likely to fuck over working people as callously and shamelessly as Bushco.

In short: I've never donated money to a political campaign or party (other than the wobblies--do they count?), and I'm gonna write a check to the demo party this year.

Miles