[lbo-talk] infoshop news?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Thu Nov 6 13:34:51 PST 2003

marc rodrigues wrote:

> yo chuck, what the hell is going on? this is one of my top sites for news. what gives?

Infoshop News is having technical problems, probably relating to a MySQL database that needs to be fixed. The person who normally takes cares of these problems has been out of contact for the last few days. Since we are a volunteer-run organization, we really don't have anybody on call, which means that we have to be patient.

I'm just as frustrated as everybody else, but I'm hoping we can fix the problem soon.

In the meantime, here are a few news items to whet your appetite:

New cartoon by Charles Amsellem on Sherman Austin: http://seattle.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=35704&group=webcast

A dislocation so vast as to stagger the imagination: Apartheid and nonviolent resistance in the West Bank. by Kadd Stephens http://www.infoshop.org/news7/apartheid_westbank.php

If you are on the Infoshop News e-mail list you may have seen the new article on the grassroots basis of the latest insurrection in Bolivia. I'll be adding that to the website this afternoon.

Infoshop News Extra is updated throughout the day and doesn't rely on a fancy database: http://www.infoshop.org/news.php

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog)-> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)