[lbo-talk] employment

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 7 10:59:03 PST 2003

Brad DeLong wrote:

>They're not "pretty good numbers". They're just not putrid numbers.
>You've gotten yourself anchored to the wrong set of benchmarks...

The two-month gain is the best in three years.

The employment/pop ration was up 0.2 point. The unemployment rate was held up by labor force re-entrants. Diffusion indexes improved markedly. Like I said, it's still only about half the long-term average, and a third what we'd be seeing in a normal early recovery, but been down so long it looks like up to me.

Doug