[lbo-talk] RE: Democratic Communism

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Fri Nov 7 12:12:51 PST 2003

Do you then mean that it is an *interpretation* that it has not been refuted, i.e., no one has demonstrated that what Lenin drew from Marx was unjustified or incorrect? Or that the model it proposes for the state after capitalism, regardless of the correctness of its interpretation of Marx, has not been refuted? Both?

If only the first, I'm sure there's room for controversy; isn't Lenin's notion of a vanguard sited as an innovation? If the second, then, yes, you are talking about a prediction that has not come to pass.

Curtiss