[lbo-talk] dean and rebel flags

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 7 16:38:15 PST 2003

> lot of the resentment and resistance comes from the
> idea that it's hoity hoity look down yer nose Northern
> libruls who are tellin us what to do. That's what I
> think. Jks

Rednecks by Randy Newman

Lehrer Hr. piece on Newman, http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/entertainment/july-dec03/newman_10-31.html http://audio.pbs.org:8080/ramgen/newshour/expansion/2003/10/31/newman.rm?altplay=newman.rm

Last night I saw Lester Maddox on a TV show With some smart-ass New York Jew And the Jew laughed at Lester Maddox And the audience laughed at Lester Maddox too Well, he may be a fool but he's our fool If they think they're better than him they're wrong So I went to the park and I took some paper along And that's where I made this song

We talk real funny down here We drink too much and we laugh too loud We're too dumb to make it in no Northern town Keepin' the n-words down

We got no-necked oilmen from Texas And good ol' boys from Tennessee And colleges men from LSU Went in dumb - come out dumb too Hustlin' 'round Atlanta in their alligator shoes Gettin' drunk every weekend at the barbecues Keepin' the n-words down

We're rednecks, we're rednecks We don't know our ass from a hole in the ground We're rednecks, we're rednecks We're keeping the n-words down

Now your northern n-word's a Negro You see he's got his dignity Down here we're too ignorant to realize That the North has set the n-word free

Yes he's free to be put in a cage In Harlem in New York City And he's free to be put in a cage in the South-Side of Chicago, the West- Side And he's free to be put in a cage in Hough in Cleveland And he's free to be put in a cage in East St. Louis And he's free to be put in a cage in Fillmore in San Francisco And he's free to be put in a cage in Roxbury in Boston They're gatherin' 'em up from miles around Keepin' the n-words down

We're rednecks, rednecks And we don't know our ass from a hole in the ground We're rednecks, we're rednecks We're keeping the n-words down

We are keeping the n-words down

-- Michael Pugliese