[lbo-talk] Krugman: Success of the Right is a Puzzle

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Nov 9 10:47:20 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "mike larkin" <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com>

> "We" are the Democratic Party liberals that Krugman
> speaks for. You and I don't have to consider ourselves
> part of that "we" to acknowledge that he's raising a
> good question.

I don't think the manner in which the right has been successful is a puzzle. I'm not sure rolling back what they have accomplished can be done using the same methods they've used to achieve their tenuous hold on the State. I reject the notion they have any sort of stranglehold on the culture. The existence of Las Vegas, Hollywood etc. etc. refutes all the propaganda they attempt to smother public discourse with. Putting Dr. Laura and Rush Limbaugh et al on the electromagnetic spectrum are the acts of desperate ideologues, not people who've twisted Gramsci to their own purposes.

Ian