[lbo-talk] Selective MEMRI

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 9 14:22:58 PST 2003

And the sourcing here...is even more right-wing. OInnes s/b Ennes, I think. Gordon Thomas writes for the far right American Free Press, http://www.americanfreepress.net/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: All the information contained above may be referenced from the following sources:

1. By Way of Deception and The Other Side of Deception both by ex-Israeli intelligence officer Victor Ostrovsky 2. They Dare To Speak Out and Deliberate Deceptions both by ex-US Congressman Paul Findley 3. Assault on the USS Liberty by James Innis Jr. 4. Gideon's Spies and Seeds of Fire both by author Gordon Thomas 5. Dangerous Liaisons by investigative journalists Andrew and Leslie Cockburn 6. Final Judgment by investigative journalist Michael Collins Piper.

On Michael Collins Piper, http://archives.econ.utah.edu/archives/marxism/2003w16/msg00333.htm
consisting of an article by Michael Collins Piper entitled "Schools Not Teaching Pro-Israel Views To Lose Funding Congress To Pass 'Ideological Diversity' Legislation." The original appeared at www.gooff.com Marxmail subscribers should be aware that Piper is a "historical revisionist" (denier of genocide of European Jews), has written for the notoriously anti-Jewish publication Spotlight, and can be fairly characterized as a professional Jew-hater. I had never heard of www.gooff.com, so I paged through their website -- a mixture of anti-Zionism, Atlantis theories, alternative cancer therapy, and the occasional explicitly anti-Jewish remark. Piper gives no sources to support his assertions that have been posted on Marxmail. I am not saying that Piper is wrong. But I am saying that just because someone denounces Israel, using anti- Zionist terminology, does not preclude the possibility that anti-Jewish sentiments are the prime motivation for the denunciation. This is not the first time an anti-Israel post from an exceedingly dubious source has been posted on marxmail. The enemies of our enemies are not necessarily our friends. And they may not always be accurate. I think of all of us would benefit by checking our facts and sources, and using our critical faculties, before posting messages. Post from, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/proletariat/ On the USS Liberty incident from '67. Message: 1

Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 02:17:38 - 0800 (PST)

From: rolo tamazi <rtamazi at yahoo.com> Subject: With Friends Like These...

With Friends Like These... By Mark Glenn 11-1-3 <SNIP> http://world.mediamonitors.net/content/view/full/1755/ <SNIP>

"With Friends Like These"...is a condensed essay of the theme covered in the soon to be released book entitled"With Friends Like These...The Danger Posed to America by the State of Israel." Mark Glenn is also the author of Not My Words, But Theirs: An American Christian's Defense of Middle Eastern Culture and its People." The Website for the book may be accessed at www.notmywords.com. The author may be contacted at mglenn at mediamonitors.org