[lbo-talk] re: powers of discernment

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu
Sun Nov 9 20:08:34 PST 2003

michael, in your quest to discredit the wwp, kim, stalin,...and other strawmen...you seem to overlook key phrases. like, for example, i concede that saddam had a dreadful human rights record, though that it was any more dreadful than his neighbors is probably debatable. but let's be honest, wwp, stalin, kim,ramsey,...aside, let's ask who is doing what according to the AP article:

"the top human rights official in the U.S.-led civilian administration said Saturday. "

"Sandy Hodgkinson said the administration has been sending forensic teams to investigate those grave sites reported to U.S. officials. So far, the existence of about 40 graves has been confirmed. "

and the concession, from the Bush administration's own..."Hodgkinson said the majority of people buried in the mass graves are believed to be Kurds killed by Saddam in the 1980s after rebelling against the government and Shiites killed after an uprising following the 1991 Gulf War" Not exactly the stuff that America has much place leading condemnations of Saddam I'd think given the historical record.

I could care less about your war with Kim, Joe, WWP, IAC, etc. But when it comes to what the US is doing to manipulate public opinion...let's at least be honest...

steve

steve