[lbo-talk] Democratic Communism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Nov 10 15:20:58 PST 2003

Curtiss Leung wrote:

> Come on--what is a government but that which exercises
> power over a state? What would be the role of a government
> in a stateless society?

What is the role of the officers of a social club?

But let me repeat, this is useful only if it allows us to understand the present better. I think it does, but I have other things more pressing on my mind right now.

Certainly there is a difference between the garbage removal in a city and the police department? And there is a difference between the post office or the school system and the FBI or the army?

Carrol