[lbo-talk] Oberlin College: Hell on Earth

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Tue Nov 11 09:29:36 PST 2003

JW Mason wrote:

>Miles Jackson:
>

>>I'm getting tired of
>>earnest feminists complaining of my "patriarchal"
>>vocabulary when I use the term "rule of thumb" in
>>my research methods course.
>>

>This has really happened to you? More than once?

*"If there's one thing I can't bear, it's when hundreds of old men come creeping in through the window in the middle of the night and throw all manner of garbage all over me. I can't bear that. I think that's unbearable. Ghastly old men, with great pails of garbage, throwing it all over me. I don't think it should be allowed, I think there should be a place for those people to go. And I don't think it should be my room. I'd vote for any party that would say, "I won't allow people to throw garbage all over me". But none of the parties seem to be particularly interested. That's why I formed the World Domination League. It's a wonderful league, the World Domination League. The aims, as published in the manifesto, are total domination of the world by 1958. That's what we're planning to do. We've had to revise it - we're hoping to bring a new manifesto out with a more realistic target. How we aim to go about it is as follows: we shall move about into people's rooms and say, "Excuse me, we are the World Domination League - may we dominate you?" Then, if they say "Get out", of course we give up."

-- Peter Cook, as E.L. Wisty *