[lbo-talk] George Soros: The major financial player of the Left.

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 11:46:06 PST 2003

>"Overnight, Soros, 74, has become the major financial player of the left.
>He has elicited cries of foul play from the right. And with a tight nod, he
>pledged: "If necessary, I would give more money."
>
>"America, under Bush, is a danger to the world," Soros said. Then he
>smiled: "And I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is."

That most hemophiliac of bleeding-heart financiers, Felix Rohatyn, bewails the fallen state of the Republic in the Wall St. Journal today. My recollection is that Felix the Fixer's mouth and money have not always been in close proximity, but his WSJ column "Free, Wealthy and Fair" is worth a look. No one does lamentation like Rohatyn.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95. https://broadband.msn.com (Prices may vary by service area.)