[lbo-talk] Gen Clark courts the hip-hop vote

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 11 12:08:04 PST 2003

New York Post [Page Six] - November 11, 2003

CALL HIM RAPPIN' WESLEY

HOW desperate is presidential hopeful Gen. Wesley Clark to appear hip to the Democratic masses? So desperate, he's put the boys of Outkast, Andre 3000 and Big Boi, into a Rock the Vote television spot. Clark's clip shows the general sitting around a table with college students and ending the discussion by saying: "I don't care what the other candidates think, I don't think Outkast is really breaking up. Big Boi and Andre 3000 just cut solo records, that's all." Then he gives one kid a high-five. A rep for Arista said: "We were shocked by this. We had no idea [Clark] was using Outkast." Meanwhile, Andre couldn't care less now that he has a new woman. The funkmaster has hooked up with Adrien Brody's ex, model/deejay Sky Nellor. The two met at an Armani event in late September and Nellor accompanied Andre to "Saturday Night Live" last week. They also canoodled during the party Arista honcho L.A. Reid held for Outkast's album release at Taj.