[lbo-talk] Rudeness

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 07:26:34 PST 2003

--- Mongiovi Gary <mongiovg at stjohns.edu> wrote:
> I especially liked the part in Kristof's column
> where he blames the
> Spanish Civil War on incivility:

Yeah, that was the problem. We were rude to Franco. If we had said "please," and "thank you," and "excuse me," it would made all the difference. "Would you please hand over the power? We'd like to have a Republic with worker's cooperatives, thank you very much. Excuse us, will you please stand up against that wall? Much obliged! Would you like a cigarette? A blindfold? Aim, ready . . . " And the Greek Civil War was also due to lack of civility.

Whatta moron Kristoff is. . . .