[lbo-talk] Let Ralph Debate in 2004

Bob Feldman bob_jan at xensei.com
Wed Nov 12 11:56:06 PST 2003

The problem with tailing after the Plutocratic Left's choice for president would be that you would end up voting for plutocracy, instead of voting for economic democracy. A vote for Dean would appear to be now just a vote for Soros and plutocracy.

If it ends up that Kucinich is unable to defeat Dean and his big money backers in the Democratic Primaries and win the Democratic Presidential nomination, then it's possible Ralph would feel morally compelled to run against Soros's Dems and Bush's GOP. Then, of course, the moral question the "Lesser Evilist Old Left" would, presumably, then have to confront would be whether to support allowing Ralph to appear in the tv presidential debates in 2004. And, presumably, after nationally-televised debates between Bush, Soros's Democratic Party candidate and Ralph, at least 1 out of 3 television viewers would likely end up pulling the lever for Ralph in 2004. If Jessie Ventura was able to win in Minnesota against his GOP & Dem opponents a few years back, why should we assume that an experienced presidential campaigner like Ralph wouldn't be able to defeat his GOP & Dem opponents in 2004 if we just "let Ralph debate" in the presidential tv debates in 2004.

While it's true that Ralph doesn't seem to have done much to build a strong Green Party organization since Dem Prez Candidate Gore agreed to allow Bush to claim title to the White House in 2001, my impression is that the Green Party still doesn't appeal to as many voters as does Ralph. So it's possible that many Green Party supporters will end up deciding that in 2004 supporting another presidential campaign by Ralph turns out to be the most practical, politically-principled anti-corporate/anti-war/anti-plutocratic electoral option.

bob