[lbo-talk] Re: Dirty Hands

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 12 19:55:25 PST 2003

Doug wrote:

>Plus the Bush gang is horrifying and repulsive and I want them humiliated.

Barring another terrorist attack to the magnitude of 9.11.01, Bush is finished, due to the quagmire in Iraq and "the worst record on jobs for any president since Herbert Hoover led at the beginning of the Great Depression" (@ <http://www.news-leader.com/today/1112-Jobsaffect-214755.html>).

And there will be no Green candidate who can attract as many votes as Nader did in 2000.

The Democratic victory in the 2004 presidential election is virtually certain.

The likely winning ticket is Dean/Clark.

>I have no illusions about what a Dem president would do.
<snip>
>But as I've said before, it's much better to have politics be
>fought over the guys in charge not doing enough than it is to fight
>to defend the social gains of the 20th century.

If you think that we won't have to fight to defend the social gains of the 20th century under a Democratic president, you still have a lot of illusions about the Democrats. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>