[lbo-talk] Re: Alterglobalization (was Beyond Globophobia)

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Fri Nov 14 12:17:58 PST 2003

Vague in many respects. Another world than what it is, as a matter of
> fact, is obviously possible, but the slogan doesn't say what new world
> it asks us to envision. Is it a world of kinder, gentler capitalism?
> Is it a world beyond capitalism? Who is to bring about a new world?
> How?

Well, now you're just being obtuse. We're talking about slogans, not constitutional conventions.

Meanwhile, we all know lots of great folks who were Communists at some point. Hell, Gorbachev is a truly great guy, fantastic, superb, maltreated.

Nonetheless, if you can't see how disastrous using old Commie slogans would be for the new anti-capitalist movement, I would suggest getting out in public more often, including in Europe.