[lbo-talk] Re: Anybody But Bush for Empire

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Nov 15 09:14:41 PST 2003

<mullah_omar at email.it> wrote:

>According this (long, but apparently much informed) article by M.C. Ruppert,
>a democrat president after Dubya is already envisaged by power elites (Soros
>is an example), at least because it will be more suitable to keep their
>businesses going (Iraq occupation included) with a (slightly) increased
>popular acceptance.
>So, it is dubious who is the lesser evil.
>http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/102003_beyond_bush_2.html

Ruppert is a conspiracist nut, no? And what makes you think Soros represents American capital? Compared to your average Wall Streeter or Fortune 500 CEO, not to mention you average small bizperson, he's a Bolshevik. I'm told he self-identifies as a social democrat. That's by no means to excuse Soros; he's made a fortune out of speculation and is now trying to legitimate himself as a philanthropist and social critic. But you're way off base if you think there are many more in the elite who think like him.

Doug