[lbo-talk] Let Ralph Debate in 2004

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 15 09:20:20 PST 2003

Jon Jahanning asked: Where was it revealed that the Bush invasion was "in the works for
>at least five years"?

- see bloew:-

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/2003/01/27/news/local/5025024.htm

Invading Iraq not a new idea for Bush clique 4 years before 9/11, plan was set

...But in reality, Rumsfeld, Vice President Dick Cheney, and a small band of conservative ideologues had begun making the case for an American invasion of Iraq as early as 1997 - nearly four years before the Sept. 11 attacks and three years before President Bush took office. An obscure, ominous-sounding right-wing policy group called Project for the New American Century, or PNAC - affiliated with Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rumsfeld's top deputy Paul Wolfowitz and Bush's brother Jeb - even urged then-President Clinton to invade Iraq back in January 1998.