[lbo-talk] The Rise of the Neo-Centrics

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 15 17:51:51 PST 2003

--- Brian Siano <siano at mail.med.upenn.edu> wrote:
> Or maybe someone ought to write to this Walt Sheasby
> guy and reassure him
> that he's clever. That way, he won't have to try to
> _prove_ it by coming
> up with this stuff.

Bingo! That's the best course: tell him he's clever and hope he shuts up. Certainly there are people who will have illusions about, say, a Howard Dean. However, I doubt that there are any people who call themselves Leftist who have such illusions. They understand that supporting a Democratic candidate is tactical and will continue to organize outside the ballot-box and will no doubt have to struggle against the Democratic Presdident, should he get elected..

R. Palme Dutt's lessons have been read and we understand the score. What strikes me about Walt's email, whoever he is, is that it assumes naivete about that part of the Left against which he polemecizes. I really doubt that anyone on the Left will be surprized come September/October of 2004. But Walt repeats an old line just as an obnoxious co-worker repeats an old joke, as if it were for the first time and as if he expects the listener/reader to find it refreshing and enlightening. Did anyone here find your mouth agape after reading Walt's email? ....I didn't think so.

-Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"