[lbo-talk] Let Ralph Debate in 2004

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sat Nov 15 21:50:46 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Johanning" <jjohanning at igc.org>

> Yes, I knew about the PNAC thing already, but those folks were not in
> power then. What I was asking was whether the invasion was "in the
> works" *within the US Government* 5 years ago. That would be in the
> Clinton administration. Was *that* administration planning in 1997 the
> kind of invasion that occurred this spring? That would be interesting
> news, if true.

In GWI one out of every 8 infantry had Sony video cameras to film the terrain of Iraq in order to create simulation programs for future scenario planning. Combine that with all the Satellite driven data mapping GIS stuff they've got at the Defense Mapping Agency and one can create all kinds of strategic simulations for combat in Iraq [and lots of other theatres of possible military conflict]. This is routine stuff at the Pentagon. They're running simulations now, while lots of lbosters sleep, party, whathaveyou....................Baudrillard is a kindergartner compared to those lovers of Thanatos.

Ian