[lbo-talk] Re: Anybody But Bush for Empire

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Sat Nov 15 22:08:21 PST 2003

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:38:42 -0800, Brad Mayer <Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM> wrote:

> Nah, you personify it. As owner you only represent yourself, not
> capital in general. George Soros the Successful Speculator is
> different from the opinions of George Soros as one of several
> contending over the capitalist political space.
>
> On Nov 15, 2003, at 9:14 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> Ruppert is a conspiracist nut, no? And what makes you think Soros
>> represents American capital?
>
> If you have capital you represent capital, no?

Well, I have capital-- I have about twenty bucks' worth in my pocket right now. Exactly how so I represent, or even personify, capital?

(I have this mental image of a giant green colossus, made up of millions of greenbacks, standing astride a city street. More stray greenbacks drift through the scene. It mouth is open in a mighty roar, its mighty arms are busy wrestling with the Fantastic Four, and it's drawn by Steve Ditko. Anyone else getting this?)