[lbo-talk] Let Ralph Debate in 2004

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sun Nov 16 08:57:24 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Johanning" <jjohanning at igc.org>

> Militaries everywhere produce contingency plans of all sources and
> update them constantly, in case they are called upon to use them. But
> contingency plans are not the same thing as actual plans by the
> administration. I would still like to see some evidence that the
> Clinton administration was actively, seriously, planning a spring-2003
> style invasion of Iraq.

90-95% of any actually used plans used by any administration are already in place due to the work of the Pentagon. That is the division of administrative labor in the US Government. All military plans are contingent and usually go out the window in the 1st hour of any actual combat. Any planning a Clinton administration would have done for a spring-2003 invasion of Iraq would have been like adding some decorative icing on an already large cake.

Ian