[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun Nov 16 14:51:36 PST 2003

so, what's at stake if people spend 30 minutes next election day voting for almost anyone but shrubya? Kelley

----------

Nothing. I am voting for Bush. And I don't intend to blow thirty minutes doing it.

We have not had even near enough of George W. And I think he will get out of Iraq sooner than Dean anyway---by being defeated outright in wave after wave of anti-American guerilla attacks, and because his own political hide depends on it. Dean's hide doesn't depend on getting out of Iraq---so fuck him.

Flag pins are cheap. I am thinking of wearing one. The US right, the DLC, the Nascar dads, corporate pig America, the great white blob of the middle class haven't begun to pay for installing GW in power. I say, stay the course. I am with you all the way down.

See, there is still the idea that Afghanistan and Iraq were good things to do, and America was thoroughly right to do them. There is still the idea that GW represents traditional American values, and these are the source of our greatness, and so forth. There is still the idea that its okay to toss thousands into prison for minor drug offenses and slap the wrist of the worst corporate greed, abuses of money and power in the entire history of the country. There is still the idea that somehow most Americans have made a few minor mistakes in their political judgments but are otherwise okay. There is still the idea that we need to free the cops and prosecutors from all that legal stuff and let'm rip through the social fabric like bear claws. We know they have our best interests in mind.

Do I advocate Bush because I think he will help any progressive political agenda, or do I have some hidden agenda? Hell no. He has done more to polarize the entire world against the US, and polarize the US against itself, in a depth and breath that is truly astonishing. And given the alternative, which is the usual meally mouthed apologist Democrat like Dean, I say stay the course.

I advocate Bush because he is well on the way to destroying everything he stands for, and every special interest that put him in power---from the corporate pig establishment and east coast neo-cons to the western lumber, mining and oil conglomerates busy milking the earth out everything it holds, down to the last racist bible banging bigot in LA or Mississippi. BTW, are there any of these left who haven't yet been appointed to an appeals court or important public office?

Some folks are just slow learners who need a long lesson, and George W. Bush is just the teacher to give it to them.

I even think we could make a case for a third term. He wasn't really elected for his first term, so maybe the SC can pull another twist out of the venerable 14th and argue to deny George Bush a third term would be a denial of due process.

I am for Bush, all the way...down.

Chuck Grimes