[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 16 17:58:56 PST 2003

Thomas Seay wrote:

I've got a novel idea. Why dont we carry out an act that will provoke the State to come out of its bourgeois democratic posturing and show its true fascist core. This will awaken the "masses" from their sleep and they will revolt and engage in insurrection...Seems like I am on the same page as Dwayne....Nobody has tried this before, right?

Clearly, the point is being missed so a recap seems in order. And then, to bed.

By the numbers (or bullet-points) now:

* Chuck Grimes wrote that he was planning to vote for Bush because doing so would create a situation (brought on by the Bushies' destructive maneuvers) in which people had no choice but to acknowledge that they'd been had.

* I replied that I understood the idea behind this assertion and offered an interpretation.

* The only action under discussion was voting - nothing to, as Thomas says, *provoke the state out of its borgeois democratic posturing* or whatever. The betrayal mentioned would, according to the scenario laid out by Chuck G (according to my interpretation I must stress - again) come as a result of people voting for Bush, thinking that he was their protector and his agenda a good one and discovering otherwise thereby creating a space for progressive political action.

Not so complex really. Jeebus.

By the way, although I said I understood, I don't agree. I'm planning to vote for Dean.

DRM