OOOPs Re: [lbo-talk] What's at stake?

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Mon Nov 17 04:05:21 PST 2003

At 11:35 AM 11/16/03 -0600, Carrol Cox wrote:
>I was merely trying to collect some of Kelly's posts, & accidentally
>posted the collection box.
>
>:-)

i'll thank you to keep my posts to yourself. i'm not sure why you're gathering them, but if you are doing so in order to post them elsewhere--something both you and yoshie have done-- please stop or, at least, please do so in a maximally respectful way--and don't forward elsewhere at all-- or in a minimally respectful way. i've specifically requested this from yoshie before, now i'm asking this of you. here's why:

in the past, you and yoshie have done this, posting something written here (a delineation of various kinds of feminisms written for brett knowlton, who'd asked me to do so) to m-fem. you then engaged in a discussion about how wrong my post at lbo was and how you, yoshie, and peter v. ought to get together and go after my argument at lbo. this was on a public list to which i was actually subscribed at the time.

this is like, sooooooooooooooooo, junior high school.

as i recall, martha giminez set y'all straight: i wasn't off base. be that as it may, what was disturbing--and what made me distrust you and yoshie and to a lesser extent, peter, the fellah from s. africa that used to post here--is that you were conspiring in another public forum about how to attack my argument and to do so in a concerted fashion. i consider that unprincipled discoursin'.

but, if you really don't care about this kind of discoursin' or if you disagree that it's unprincipled, then at least respect my desire to keep my email address and name out of public archives (m-=fem, pen-l, etc) where spam spiders travel. just manually munge my address and assign me a fake name. deal? say the post is from dumbfuxor at stoopidass.org. i don't care, just don't use my email address.

kelley