[lbo-talk] Re: Anybody But Bush for Empire

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Mon Nov 17 07:57:27 PST 2003

Soros is personally pretty left of Clinton, judging from his funding priorities in the 90s, many of which were intended to clean up the damage from Clinton policies (incarceration mania, draconian drug laws, etc).

But many members of Soros's class are very much opposed to Bush and his crowd. They tend to feel that capitalism works better when politics are moderate, low-conflict and based on rationality rather than ideological fervor - many funders are supporting left projects now because they feel things are out of "balance" and the right has too much power.

Liza