[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Nov 17 11:47:47 PST 2003

> This is the debate I think we really should be having,
> not sci-fi such as who's in favor of *basement bombs*
> or who's apologizing for Hitlerian Germany or working
> for the government.
>
> DRM

My Weather comment was not meant to be taken literally. Just a quip in the face of Chuck's grim, and might I add, rather selfish take on the current scene. If things are that bleak for Chuck then perhaps he should deal with his despair and nihilism privately and not advocate a state of affairs that would cost countless innocent lives and ruin countless more (though Chuck seems to believe that there are no innocents). I respect Chuck and believe him to be one of the better minds on LBO (as well as one of the better writers). But this Let's Go Down With Bush pose is worthy of a younger, dopey kid trying to get attention, and not the Chuck Grimes whose posts I've pretty much enjoyed over the years.

DP