[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 17 19:07:45 PST 2003

Carrol wrote:

> > But NO ONE is talking about campaigning. I asked what harm voting
>did, not campaigning: VOTING.
>
>I guess my answer is that they _should_ be talking about campaigning
>-- NOT about Voting.

Whom are we talking about here? All LBO-talk subscribers (and archive readers)? It's obvious that not all LBO-talk subscribers (and archive readers) are currently interested in discussing what campaigns may be worth our time, energy, and other resources and how we might go about making the campaigns in which we are involved or should get involved more effective. It's also obvious that not everyone here is simply a would-be voter evaluating various candidates for his or her own individual decision-making.

>If I thought that defeating Bush was of such priority as to
>subordinate all other concerns, I would have tried by this time to
>join someone's campaign.

That would be the logical conclusion. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>