[lbo-talk] Electoral Strategy in 2004?

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Tue Nov 18 14:14:16 PST 2003

Quoting Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu>:

> And second. It is inaccurate to speak of assessing "The U.S. Left" -- as
> a coherent (or even potentially coherent) entity it doesn't exist.

I'd agree with that. Sartre wrote once that an ossified PCF spoke constantly about the proletariat, but thinking dialectically means talking about *proletariats* -- i.e. thinking through the real-life diversity of struggles, positions, institutions and cultures of we workers of the world, scattered across 150+ nation-states, the power-lines of a couple budding multinational superstates, and the data-cores of a mushrooming multinational media/information matrix.

-- DRR