[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 18 14:36:09 PST 2003

JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

>Think about it, say in September polls show that some Democratic nominee is 8
>points ahead. You really think that election's happening? I say another
>terrorist attack requires the country to either suddenly pull behind
>its putative
>leader or, uh, postpone the election--security concerns, ya know. It's only
>resistance that has and will expose these folks, not quiescence, however it's
>being justified.

See, that's how bad things have gotten - an intelligent, sophisticated, and rational person like Jenny can suggest suspension of an election and it doesn't sound at all far-fetched. An old friend of Liza's, and now of mine, also intelligent, sophisticated, and rational, thinks there won't be an election in 2008. Scary, no?

Doug