[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 18 17:32:49 PST 2003

Doug wrote:

>JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:
>
>>Think about it, say in September polls show that some Democratic
>>nominee is 8 points ahead. You really think that election's
>>happening? I say another terrorist attack requires the country to
>>either suddenly pull behind its putative leader or, uh, postpone
>>the election--security concerns, ya know. It's only resistance
>>that has and will expose these folks, not quiescence, however it's
>>being justified.
>
>See, that's how bad things have gotten - an intelligent,
>sophisticated, and rational person like Jenny can suggest suspension
>of an election and it doesn't sound at all far-fetched.

I love Jenny, but the cancelled election scenario sounds far-fetched.

To promote quiescence among the American populace, there is nothing like serving as cash cows and campaign workers for the Democratic Party, the graveyard of all social movements on the left. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>