[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 18 19:33:02 PST 2003

FWIW, I've suspected that you won't see an election in 2004 since September 12, 2001. America has spent the last 100 years installing and propping up tyrannical regimes under the guise of different 'emergencies'.

If anyone thinks that practice stops at your (and probably our) borders, you're beyond naive. The 2000 election was just a trial run for shredding the constitution and rule of law.

Things are only going to get worse from here on in.

PC

>Not nearly as scary as the appearance that so many "... elite
>intellectuals, ..." are dismissing these perceptions and their holders
>as conspiracy nuttiness or worse - stupid, irrational and
>unsophisticated.
>
>On Nov 18, 2003, at 2:36 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > See, that's how bad things have gotten - an intelligent,
> > sophisticated, and rational person like Jenny can suggest suspension
> > of an election and it doesn't sound at all far-fetched. An old friend
> > of Liza's, and now of mine, also intelligent, sophisticated, and
> > rational, thinks there won't be an election in 2008. Scary, no?

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo