[lbo-talk] Re: What's at stake?

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 18 20:18:59 PST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:07:41 -0500, Jon Johanning <jjohanning at igc.org> wrote:

> Older list members (or maybe we're all old enough) will remember that a
> segment of the U.S. Left convinced itself in 1972 that Nixon would cancel
> the election.
>
> Plus ca change ...

The one chapter I've read so far at the bookstore of David Greenberg's new book on Nixon's Image is on the New Left and Nixon. Spends a bit of pgs. on what Jon remembers focusing on Carl Oglesby. He traces it to a underground newspaper in '71, if memory serves. Then Village Voice writer Ron Rosenbaum followed up on it. http://www.forward.com/issues/1998/98.06.26/arts.html Looking For Hitler A Writer's Revenge

By DAVID GREENBERG -- Michael Pugliese