[lbo-talk] What's at stake?

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Wed Nov 19 07:47:39 PST 2003

From: "Luke Weiger"

http://www.informationweek.com/story/IWK20010905S0004

--__--__-- "In contrast with our intellect, computers double their performance every 18 months," warned the genius physicist in a recent interview with the German newsmagazine Focus. "So the danger is real that they could develop intelligence and take over the world." -clip

^^^^^ CB: I know Stephen Hawking is more intelligent than I am, but can we discuss this ? Isn't there some qualitative difference between artificial and "real" intelligence still ?