[lbo-talk] Campaigning vs. Voting

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Wed Nov 19 18:02:24 PST 2003

On Wednesday, November 19, 2003, at 12:55 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> uvj at vsnl.com wrote:
>
>> Is the US likely to attack North Korea (or some other nation), if
>> Bush gets a second term? How would you rate the chances of another US
>> military adventure in next 4-5 years?
>
> I'm more worried about the next 4-5 months! 4-5 years is a virtual
> certainty though.

What will they attack with? Haven't they already used up most of their personnel that they would have to use for a new adventure? Perhaps that's the main point of the "exit strategy" they are groping for now -- get the troops back home, give them a little R&R and a chance to play with the kids a little, or whatever, and then send them off to Syria or Iran.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile