[lbo-talk] College students support Bush

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Nov 19 20:04:27 PST 2003

On his radio show last week, Doug said:

> I learned a dispiriting fact the other day, that college students
> support President Bush at a rate higher than the general population,
> which almost made me want to jump out the window.

Fwiw, Ruy Teixeira doesn't buy that poll (done by Gallup). He says it's a complete singleton outlier -- that every other poll shows less support for Bush among students than among the general population, and that it doesn't jibe with the rest of Gallup's results in the same poll, all of which show students more liberal on both social and (interestingly) economic issues than the rest of the population. He cites a poll showing college students supporting a generic democrat by 20 points when their elders were supporting Bush by 4.

Full at: www.tcf.org, Public Opinion Watch, Week of November 13, 2003

Michael